Friday, February 02, 2007

Winter Time

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment, and in retrospection."

-Anais Nin

It was cold in the Bay Area today, the weatherman said there would be sun, but no, not even a little bit managed to peek through the relentless clouds. Sigh. So, what's a girl to do? Well, two choices came to mind. I could sleep the day away like I do most days in winter, or I could go across the bay, and see if there was just even a little hint of spring in Golden Gate Park. I found a splash of yellow in the form of some gorgeous California Poppies, which I will post later this weekend, but for this entry, I thought it would be nice to show you this amazingly beautiful swan I found at the Palace Of Fine Arts. Isn't it lovely? I wish I could have stayed there all day, just spending the whole day admiring the beauty of that swan, but the cold air was causing me a good deal of pain due to the Fibromyalgia. As much as I hurt, I was so happy for just a few hours out with the camera, and to be able to step outside myself for a little while. The weather is supposed to be warmer this weekend. Here's to hope.

Winter Time (Haiku)
By OndineMonet

Floating In Silence
Memories Of You Fill Me
As Time Moves Us On


Palace Of Fine Arts, San Francisco



-OndineMonet
"Winter Beauty"
Palace Of Fine Arts
San Francisco, California
February 1, 2007
Afternoon


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! that photo is perfection! Gorgeous!!

you always take such fantastic shots Carly!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Great photos. First one reminds me of the Swan Pond in Manlius, which I never photographed at all.

Nancy said...

Magnificent photo!

(and haiku)

;)

Nancy