Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Round Robin Challenge: Lights Of The Holidays

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."

-Norman Vincent Peale

I love the challenge Suzanne, author of the blog, "New Suzanne R's Life," chose for us this time around, "Lights Of The Holiday's." This is such a pretty time of year. There is still a little bit of autumn hanging around to inspire me, and winter is already doing her best to make a joyful noise.:) I was noticing today, that the light outside is already beginning to put on her winter coat, even though we have a couple more weeks. While both seasons inspire me, I am kinda glad that Christmas is officially a part of winter. The winter light is a bit softer, and the night comes on with such loveliness. All the more lovely for the showing off of Christmas lights, like the ones in the above photo. That is a view of San Francisco, as taken from Treasure Island. As you can see, the "City By The Bay" has made it's buildings to look like packages. I could stare look at that view forever! :) I wish I could show it to you in person. :)

It's Christmas Time In The City...

Macy's, Union Square, San Francisco, Ca

Sak's Fifth Avenue, Union Square, San Francisco, Ca.

Holiday Display, Union Square

My Kind Of Lights... Holiday Shoes On Sale!


My second favorite place to see holiday lights has to be, Union Square, in the city. As you can see, they pull out all the stops, to make it a beautiful place to shop, or to just sit with a hot beverage, and enjoy the holiday shoppers, street performers, and the excitment of the children as they take in all there is to see. Take a peek at what caught my eye, then go have a look at the entries posted by the other Round Robin participants. Just click on the links below, to be redirected to their journals and blogs. :) Happy Holidays! :)


Round Robin Challenges

Linking List

1. Suzanne... New Suzanne R's Life POSTED!

2. Carly... Ellipsis... Suddenly Carly POSTED!

3. Janet... Fond Of Photography POSTED!

4. Linda... Blah Blah Blog

5. Karen... Outpost Mavarin POSTED!

6. Nancy... Nancy Luvs Pix POSTED!

7. Sassy... Sassy's EYE POSTED!

8. Connie... Windswept/Connie's Country Life

9. Danella... Deep Red Style POSTED!

10. Julie... Julie's Web Journal POSTED!

11. Steven... (sometimes) photoblog POSTED!

12. Gattina... Keyhole Pictures POSTED!

13. Teena... It's all about me! POSTED!

14. Phinney... Paragon POSTED!



10 comments:

Gattina said...

I can't say all the time "it's beautiful" even though it is ! But for me it is so interesting to see how other cities are decorated and that is really a joy for me.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful series of pictures. I really like the one of the Macy's store and the tree.

Thanks for stopping by!

Teena in Toronto said...

Lovely pix!

Thanks for stopping by mine :)

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done with the theme, Carly. I knew you would come up with some beautiful pictures and interesting text to go with them, and you did. :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are some seriously awesome photos! Great job!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I like the outlined buildings a lot, but the Macy's impresses me more. I'd love to see that in person. Does the Macy's sign have changing images?

Anonymous said...

Carly~You have captured ths prit of Christmas in SF! I especially love the colors in the Macy's photo. Sorry I couldn't post, because I have not had the chance to take the lights shots yet. I'll have to get a digital camera soon as slow is one of the downfalls of using regular film only!
Merry Christmas! Sassy :-)

Anonymous said...

Excellent city lights shots! I love the other holiday shots on your blog as well.

Anonymous said...

Carly,
Beautiful pictures of Macy's! We did the design and build for the holiday 'Color Wall' and was wondering if I can post your pictures on our website?? www.numinus.com
Thank you for posting them!
Lisa

Carly said...

Hi Lisa :)

Thank you for the lovely compliment. Please feel free to contact me by email at ondinemonet@AOL.com.

Regards, Carly