Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Round Robin Challenge: In The Kitchen

"My recipe for dealing with anger, and frustration: set the kitchen timer for twenty minutes, cry, rant, and rave, and at the sound of the bell, simmer down and go about business as usual."

-Phyllis Diller

How cool is this challenge? Jessica, author of the journal, QuickSilver Dreams, has chosen, "In The Kitchen," as the topic of our challenge. I love it! With Thanksgiving just a couple weeks away, it will be a lot of fun to be able to see what everyone comes up with. :) I have to admit, I was planning on testing some recipes for the holidays. Mostly some baked goods and desserts, but my oven went out on me this past week, and it won't be replaced until early sometime next week. Ugg. For the meantime it is stovetop, microwave and Crockpot cooking, which is pretty good, but oh boy, was I ever ready for that Red Velvet cake, with cherry filling. Oh well, maybe in a couple weeks. For now, how about some photos of dinners past...

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Macaroni & Cheese

Corned Beef

Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

Summer Salad Fresh From The Garden

Hamburger From "Hamburger Day"

Stuffed Tomatoes & Fresh Avacados

Vegetable Lasagna w/Fresh Crookneck Squash and Zucchini

Be sure to visit each of the Round Robin Challenge Participants! :)

Linking List

Jessica... QuickSilver Dreams
POSTED!

Karen... Outpost Mavarin
POSTED!

Carly... Ellipsis... Suddenly Carly
POSTED!

Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
POSTED!

Kerrin... A New Day A New Photo
POSTED!

Danella... Deep Red Style
POSTED!

Suzanne R... New Suzanne R's Life
POSTED!

Julie... Julie's Web Journal
POSTED!

Janet... Fond Of Photography
POSTED!

Teena... It's All About Me!
POSTED!

Robin... R's Musings
POSTED!

Linda... Blah Blah Blog
POSTED!

Becky... Where Life Takes You
POSTED!



-OndineMonet





11 comments:

Gattina said...

Oh wow ! what a food collection, I am getting hungry ! Wonderful pictures, made for a restaurants menu card perhaps ?

kmm said...

Double WOW, Can I come to dinner, please. Even long ago when I used to cook it never looked like this. Kerrin

DesLily said...

well that made me sufficiently hungry! lol..

Teena in Toronto said...

Everything looks so yummy! You're making me hungry!!

Thanks for stopping by mine :)

Anonymous said...

all I have to say is thank [insert diety here] it's almost lunch time cause those gorgeous pictures have me STARVING!!!

Anonymous said...

I know it's quite rude to just invite myself over... but I have got to come to your house to eat! It definitely looks worth the plane ticket! lol My meals never look that good! (Though my family doesn't complain too much.) You are such a great photographer! (I just might be a little jealous, here...) Great photos, Carly!

Suzanne R said...

Yummy stuff! I'm sorry to hear about your oven, but glad it will be in commission by Thanksgiving. Hooray for crockpots and microwaves! BTW, about my meat loaf picture in the RR Challenge, I needed to clarify that unfortunately it isn't a crockpot recipe, although I know someone who does make meat loaf in the crockpot. If you click on the shot, it will take you to my Flickr site and the recipe (oven-baked).

Anonymous said...

Man, all these yummy looking foods are making me so hungry! Great photos.

Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Carly, those colors are AMAZING! Such vividness! And the food looks pretty dyno, too. What time is dinner served at your house? Put another plate on the table, cuz I'm coming over! :-) Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos!

Anonymous said...

Just looking at those pictures makes my hips expand. Great shots!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Gorgeous photos of glorious food! Beats the heck out of sausage and peppers. ;)