Come said the wind to the leaves one day.Come o're the meadows, and we will play.
Put on your dresses, scarlet and gold.
For summer is gone and days grow cold.
-A children's song, circa 1880's
I love the sound of leaves crunching under my feet. :) I wish every day looked the way this one did. Every autumn color one could imagine was present, and I felt inspired and happy. When I woke up this morning I was really sore from the Fibromyalgia, and my hands were numb. Great combination for an amateur shutterbug. :( After a couple hours of T'ai Chi and some meditation, the swelling went down a little and I was able to do some editing. If it's autumn, I know it's time to face the fact that I will not be able to take as many photos outside as I want to. That makes me grumpy, and kinda sad, because I hate giving in. The other day Alan went to touch me, and I couldn't even feel it. Stupid Fibromyalgia!
If it's November, I know I will be running into the November Man. I always seem to encounter him in autumn... well I see him other times of the year as well... but there is something about his eyes in autumn, that makes me feel even weaker. You can see his whole being in his eyes. It's the warmest light I ever saw. But then I told you that before. Sigh. Another stupid thing about Fibromyalgia, it leaves you in a haze, and the strangest things, people and memories invade your thoughts.
I am not alone in how I feel, of that I am sure. My friend Deb has a wonderful journal devoted to her experience with Fibromyalgia, "Fibro Haze." Deb has Fibromyalgia, and she writes about different treatments that are available and her personal experiences in dealing with how it makes her feel. I am so proud of her and what she has accomplished. She is my friend, and she makes me feel less alone. Fibromyalgia can make you doubt yourself, and it can really play on your insecurities. When I left for Nevada a couple weeks ago, I had planned to take about 2000 photos. I came up a little shy of that number, and wasn't too happy with the quality of most of them. I was tired on the trip, so I simply wasn't on my game.
I did take about 150 or so photos that I considered to be post-worthy, so I suppose that really isn't that bad. Autumn isn't over, hopefully I will get in some time with the camera this coming week. I have a nice afternoon planned for photographing more dahlia's in Golden Gate Park. I am going to try anyway, there is no way I will ever give up... not as long as there is autumn, and it's incredible light! :)
Deb has been a true source of inspiration to me. She seems to have the energy of a toddler, which gives me a lot of hope. For an inspiring read, and some awesome medical resources regarding Fibromyalgia, be sure to drop by her journal. Also, she has a site devoted to general health education and support. See the links below. :)
Fibo Haze
Rainbows & Sunbeams
My Take On Life
-OndineMonet
"Autumn Bridge"
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
Autumn 2006
