Sunday, October 15, 2006

Wanderings Through Other Worlds

"A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam
And for a brief moment it's glory and beauty belong to our world,
And though it flies on again,
We feel so lucky to have seen it."

-Unknown

I am tired from all the recent day trips, but they have been so much fun. My camera has been getting an awesome workout, with more fun coming up this next week. :) Since it is Sunday, I thought it would be nice to share some of the lovely butterflies from last week, when I visited the conservatory. Next week, I will be taking several more day trips so there will be lots of new photos, but until then we have these... ENJOY! :)

Woodland Skipper

Pipevine Swallowtail Battus philenor (Female)

Palamedes Swallowtail

Great Northern White

Queen Butterfly, Palamedes Swallowtail, Buckeye


"Northern Europeans thought that dreams were the result of the soul-butterfly's wanderings through other worlds."

-Butterfly Lore

What a nice thought. :)

-OndineMonet
Conservatory of Flowers
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
October 11th, 2006
Late Morning/Early Afternoon

3 comments:

Steven said...

Awww, these are just lovely :-)
I really like the ones where the butterflies of different types are just hanging out together. Rest up! Good light!

Charley said...

There is something about the vibrant colors that makes me smile!
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

sunflowerkat said...

More daytrips! I hope that means you are feeling well!! More photos! YAY!!!!!

XOXO