Sunday, October 15, 2006

Wanderings Through Other Worlds

"A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam
And for a brief moment it's glory and beauty belong to our world,
And though it flies on again,
We feel so lucky to have seen it."

-Unknown

I am tired from all the recent day trips, but they have been so much fun. My camera has been getting an awesome workout, with more fun coming up this next week. :) Since it is Sunday, I thought it would be nice to share some of the lovely butterflies from last week, when I visited the conservatory. Next week, I will be taking several more day trips so there will be lots of new photos, but until then we have these... ENJOY! :)

Woodland Skipper

Pipevine Swallowtail Battus philenor (Female)

Palamedes Swallowtail

Great Northern White

Queen Butterfly, Palamedes Swallowtail, Buckeye


"Northern Europeans thought that dreams were the result of the soul-butterfly's wanderings through other worlds."

-Butterfly Lore

What a nice thought. :)

-OndineMonet
Conservatory of Flowers
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
October 11th, 2006
Late Morning/Early Afternoon