"What I dream of is an art of balance, of purity and serenity devoid of troubling or depressing subject matter... a soothing, calming influence on the mind, rather like a good armchair which provides relaxation from physical fatigue."
Glenda, sent me a cute little meme yesterday, it is one of the memes that gives us a closer look at our pals in the land, so I thought it would be a fun entry for a Monday. :) Thanks Glenda! Also, about the art in the above photo. I will probably feature it in one of my upcoming, Art About Town, entries. It is a stunning sculpture which sits on the Embarcadero, just outside Pier 14. It was dedicated this past June, but I haven't had the opportunity to drop by and get a really good photo of the sculpture in the sunlight. It is made from a dark bronze, and tends to show up in silhouette when it is cloudy like it was yesterday. Still, not bad for a photo taken out the window of a moving car! LOL. Now on with the meme.
Tick... Tock... Test
1. What is the most important expression that you need to really feel loved?
A. I guess the complete attention of another. Not constantly, I am a little more self-assured then that, but when I am sad or feeling lost.
2. After work, on the average day, the thing that would mean the most to you is?
A. Well I am not working right now, but when I did, it meant a lot to me to have 30 minutes all to myself to shake the day off.
3. When you come home to a messy house, it makes you feel?
A. Tired, because I knew I should have cleaned before I went out.
4. When you come home to a clean house it makes you feel?
A. Relaxed. :)
5. A great night out is?
A. A really good meal, and really good company.
6. A great weekend is?
A. Time out with the camera. Any season. :)
7. Your top five favorite things to do are?
A. Camera time, spooky movies, Listen to music, create new recipes, play with Elvis.
8. One place that you just can't get enough of?
A. Golden Gate Park.
9. Name five places you have never been to before that you would like to visit.
A. London, Seattle, Juno, Paris, Tuscany.
10. The one thing in your life that you would never want to change?
A. How quiet my life is. :)
11. The one thing in your life you would most like to change?
A. My Fibromyalgia. It is holding me back from things I wanted to do. Oh well.
12. The chore you most enjoy?
A. Cooking. I like feeling creative, and putting together recipes is very enjoyable to me.
13. The chore you most dislike?
A. Cleaning the bathroom.
14. If money were no object what kind of house would you have and where would it be located?
A. I would love to live in a house, next to a lighthouse. Anywhere along the Pacific/Northwest.
15. If money were no object, what kind of vehicle would you drive?
A. I like Jaguar's, but to be truthful, I have been really happy with my Saturn, so I would probably still own my Saturn ION. :)
16. What is the most important thing you would like other people to know about you?
A. That I have a serious side. I let my sense of humor run freely, but there are some things that I feel quite passionate about. The issues that are most serious to me, I am rigid about, because of the level of care I put toward them.
17. What do you like to do in your free time?
A. Sketch, read, listen to music.
18. What is your favorite food?
A. Italian food... or cheesecake. :)
19. When you get angry should people try to calm you or get out of your way?
A. I have learned the difference between MAD and ANGRY. If I am ANGRY, they should leave me alone. I usually get over it much quicker if I am allowed to process it without interruption.
20. What are your favorite TV shows?
A. Biography, Ghost Hunters, Men in Trees, Lost, 2 1/2 Men, Desperate Housewives.
21. Define one good thing about the person who sent this to you.
A. She has a great sense of humor, and makes me smile with her comments. Whoooooooops...that was two. ;)
22. If you could be anywhere on the planet right now, where would that be and why?
A. I am right where I want to be... home.
23. Where have you traveled?
A. Arizona, Nevada, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, New York, Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, West Virginia, Ohio, Virginia, Arkansas.
24. What is your favorite color?
A. That changes all the time. At the moment green, but that could change with my mood.
25. What is the one character trait you most desire in another person?
A. Sense of humor. Without it... no one could ever stand being around me. :)
So, there you have it! Me, Me, Me. LOL. If you would like to do this meme... go for it! Just copy this list and put your answers in your blog or journal, then come back here and leave me a comment with a link in the comment thread for this entry! Come on... you know you want to! ;)
Embarcadero Pier 14
San Francisco, California
October 15, 2006
My 2017 Reading List
7 months ago