Saturday, September 02, 2006

Tweet, Tweet, TWEAT, Tweet...

"Those little nimble musicians of the air that warble forth their curious ditties, with which nature hath furnished them to the shame of art."

-Izaak White

I went to the San Francisco Zoo last week, on a cooler then normal day, which isn't the best time to visit the zoo, because most of the animals were cuddled up and not real animated, but one exhibit I did particularly enjoy was the new bird exhibit, "Binnowee Landing." For an extra $2.00 you can enter the large walk through aviary habitat. Included in the admission, is a feed stick so you can get up close with the birds, as they eat nearly right out of your hand. It was an awesome experience. I was able to get close to the Eastern Rosella, which is a large, colorful parrot, and for about 10 minutes or so, I had a friend in a small, blue parakeet, who sat on the end of the feed stick I was holding, as I walked around the exhibit photographing the other birds. I am getting real good at one handed photography! LOL. The birds in the above photo, are Australian Cockateils. I didn't get a chance on this visit to feed them, maybe next time. :)

Other birds...

Chilean Flamingos

Parakeets

Magellanic Penguin

Peacock

Eastern Rosella

My friend, the blue parakeet. :)

-OndineMonet
"At The Zoo"
San Francisco Zoo
August 23rd, 2006
Afternoon