Monday, July 24, 2006

Hell's Bells

"There is no need to fear the wind, if your haystacks are tied down."

-Irish Proverb

Some people tell me I am cute when I am in a grouchy mood. I don't feel cute...I just feel grouchy! It's hot...it's WAY too hot, there are ants covering my entire house, I went out at 11:00 PM, to buy a bag of ice, but there wasn't a bag of ice to be found in the entire of the East Bay, I have a weird rash on my foot, my computer is trying it's best to die...more on that later...the situation in the Middle East has me on edge, I can't seem to connect with a good friend of mine, I am sweating so much that I look like crap, with the exception of my hair, because I am actually having a good hair day! Go figure! We are continuing to break records with the HOT weather, but the spooky thing is, they were records that were set just last year! Gas prices are ridiculous, and what does George Bush do? He rolls back emissions standards as an incentive for the oil companies to lower the cost. Hello, Global Warming! AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE LOWER PRICES GEORGE!

Elvis has me worried. He was so sick today, and on the news were stories of how pets across the Bay Area were passing away from heat related illnesses. I put my boy in the bathtub and cooled his body down. He liked that. Then when he wouldn't eat or drink, I got some cool water and gave it to him with a spoon. He didn't want to take it, but after a little bit of patience with him and some cooing, he had a little. It was something anyway. Sigh. With weather like this, folks have to remember that their pets have to be given some extra attention. Even if they are indoor pets with access to air conditioners and fans, check them a couple times a day to be sure they are eating, drinking, and doing all their normal bodily functions. It was hard to see a cat, who looked like Elvis, hooked up to IVs and an oxygen machine.

Why do folks, sometimes think other folks look cute, when they are actually grouchy? LOL. My whole life I have heard..."you're so cute when you are grumpy." Then again, I suppose there are worse things someone could say about you! And believe me...they have! LOL. Mummphff...I think I will sleep in my tent tonight. Oh yeah, I didn't tell you did I? I got a new tent a couple days ago. It's big and roomy, and there is a skylight. LOL. I can watch the airplanes take-off and land at OAKLAND. LOL. There's nothing like getting back to nature! LOL.

-OndineMonet

Gas Prices Hit All Time High




6 comments:

DesLily said...

you're cute when grumpy huh?! hmmm, maybe it's the steam coming out of your ears? hehehe...

Oh yeah the pets need attention in the heat! When I lived in San Fernando Valley and the heat hit those numbers I would freeze 2 gallon jugs of water and put them under the bathroom sink and leave the door opened a crack.. my Pookey kitty would go in there and rest most of the day.. I nearly died from the heat, having no air.. but the cat did fine! lol

Tammy Brierly said...

My dogs don't even want to pee outside, they hold it extra long inside the air conditioned house. My rescued, outside stray actually will come in to cool off now. Sonora got to 110. Keep cool :)

Cindy said...

i loved your grouchy little rant, and i'm not sure if you looked cute or not while typing it...but i like to think so. sorry you're having such a tough time, and cooling thoughts and love to Elvis from Aunt Phinney. please keep us updated on how he's doing. now i'm worried, too. my cats are fine, in fact, they are spending nights outside when the temps go down into the 70's.

sending love!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Tuffy hasn't been doing great, either. I wish we could have an air conditioned room for her in the daytime, without locking her in it!

sunflowerkat said...

I hope Elvis is better. I hate that the heat is being so rough on both of you.

V said...

Aww, Elvis, we hate to see you suffer.
V