Sunday, June 18, 2006

Flower Power...A Round Robin Promotion

"When you have only two pennies in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."

-Chinese proverb

I am looking forward to our next Round Robin Challenge, Renee has chosen, "Flower Power" as the theme this time around, and I have been considering the possibilities ever since I found that out. I became especially inspired by the exotic flowers I saw at the Conservatory of Flowers last week. There were so many different flowers, it was difficult to take it all in. Although, creature of habit that I am, I was of course drawn to the Aquatic exhibit, specifically to see the water lilies. So lovely. This is only one of the water lily photos I took, so I will be sharing some more soon. When you have "Monet" as any part of your screen name, it's a sure bet that water lilies would be one of your favorite flowers. So beautiful.

Water Lilies

By Sara Teasdale

If you had forgotten water lilies floating
On a dark, lake among mountains in the afternoon shade
If you have forgotten their wet, sleepy fragrance
Then you can return and not be afraid.

If you want to join us for this Round Robin, don't be shy...we would love to have you come along. All you have to do is visit the official Round Robin blog and read the entry for "Flower Power," follow the directions, and you are good to go! If you haven't played before, simply read the ***Welcome Entry & Rules Of Play*** and the entry titled, "We Interrupt This Program" then leave us your RSVP. It sounds more difficult then it is. :) Come on and join us...you know you want to! :)

-OndineMonet
"Water Lilies 4"
Conservatory Of Flowers
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
June 15, 2006
Afternoon

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

As water lily shots go, this one is very different. You can really see them as individual flowers, sticking up like that. I like it! (And I'm going to bed now.)