Monday, February 13, 2006

Steven's Feline Friday

"Cats are dangerous companions for writers because cat watching is a near-perfect method of writing avoidance."

-Dan Greenburg

I love this cat, but I have to admit the above quote is so true...watching Elvis can use up and entire day. :) I have owned so many pets in my lifetime, dogs, chickens, rabbits, a roadrunner for a brief time, a pair of geese, a hamster, a guinea pig, parakeets, love birds and an assortment of other animals, but Elvis is by far the most charming of them all. I have actually seen folks who swore to me that no cat has ever been worth what a dog is...fall instantly in love with Elvis inside of 10 minutes after meeting him. Maybe because he is a happy boy and anxious to please, maybe because of his gentle nature or maybe because his natural body oils make him smell like baby powder, but he charms those he meets, just like he has Alan and I. I adore this boy...he is my guy! :) Be sure to drop by Steven's journal and see this week's picture of Pickle for Feline Friday. He is quite the charmer as well. This week he is particularly cute. I can only imagine what it would be like to have both Pickle and Elvis in the same room at the same time. Tag team charmers. Ut oh! :) On a literary note, I did manage to gain some forward momentum in my book writing. I had been somewhat blocked, not because of Elvis so much as my lack of energy. I am pleased with them amount I managed to get done. Moving forward...that feels nice. :)

NOTE: Ooops. I mistook Harley for Pickle! LOL. Both kitties are too gorgeous, go have a look see for yourself! :)

-OndineMonet
"My Guy"
Berkeley, California
February 8th, 2005
Evening

3 comments:

V said...

Woo Hoo! Elvis is the Greatest!!
V

Steven said...

He always looks so handsome with that bow.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

There's an expression some of us have picked from Patricia C. Wrede and the old AOL sf writers'boards: "cat vacuuming." It means finding some ridiculous activity to do instead of writing. You know how people supposedly say they can't go on a date because they have to wash their hair? Well, some of us don't get any writing done because we're vacuuming the cat - metaphorically, that is. Personally, I'd probably end up in the ER with asthma if I tried to actually vacauum a cat!

You don't need such excuses. You have a genuinely interesting cat. You don't have to vacuum him - just watching him will do the trick.

If the above makes no sense, that's because I'm very tired. Good night!

Karen