Sunday, December 18, 2005

My Winter Movie Picks

"If its a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on."

-Alfred Hitchcock

As I sit here, in my office, typing this entry, I am also listening to the rain pounding on the roof. The weather gauge on my computer's desktop reads 39 degrees and my dragonfly windchimes, that hang just outside my office window, and making a beautiful, melodious noise. I am drinking a cup of hot chocolate with cinnamon syrup and topped with whipped cream, some of which, Elvis is licking off his nose. LOL. I can't keep him out of the whipped cream! :) On my desk is a small stack of DVD's, some of them are my very favorite ones to watch in winter. Is there a better way to spend a cold winter night, then to curl up with your favorite cat, and your favorite movie? You could probably think of another way, but for me, this is a great stress buster on a cold winter day. So, here are my winter movie picks...

Holiday Comedy: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Holiday Romance: Love Actually

Horror: Sleepy Hollow
Sci-Fi: Village Of The Damned

Drama: Forever Young
Independent: Party Monster

Family Film: A Bug's Life
Family Film Animated: Chicken Run

Documentary: No Direction Home: Bob Dylan
Musical: Everyone Says I Love You

Political Thriller:The Sum Of All Fears
Action/Adventure: Conspiracy Theory

Stephen King Winter: Dolores Claiborne
Alfred Hitchcock Winter: North By Northwest

Movie With A Lesson: Working Girl
Romance: Return To Me

Christmas Movie: A Christmas Story
New Year's Movie: Bridget Jones Diary
Groundhog Day Movie: Life Or Something like It
Valentine's Day: Chocolat

Movie For A Saturday Afternoon: Dragonfly
Movie For A Sunday Afternoon: A Fish Called Wanda

If you have a favorite movie you enjoy watching in winter, please tell me about it. Just leave me a comment. I would enjoy hearing about them. :)

-OndineMonet
"Sunlit From Heaven"
Sierra Nevada
December 2002
Early Morning