Monday, March 30, 2015

And Then This Happened...

"Accidents are not accidents but precise arrivals at the wrong right time."

~Dejan Stojanovic

And Then This Happened...



As if last week wasn't heartbreaking enough... someone hit my car, as it was parked on a city street, with me in the passenger seat. I was waiting for Alan, he was in our favorite deli picking up some sandwiches. We were starving. We had just got back from a trip to Oakland, to find out some information to take to our newly found lawyer, who handling our case regarding the illegal cottage we have been living in. Honestly, the whole week last week seemed like a true Murphy's Law kind of existence... whatever could go wrong... DID GO WRONG!

But, thankfully, we have our health. We have a roof over our head, at least for the next 60 days. We didn't crash into a mountainside in the French Alps. I was in a fender bender, but I wasn't injured, and the scrap, while hurtful, will be fixed. All $650 of it. I just have to shake my head though, because I haven't even owned it a year, that anniversary won't happen until April 2nd 2015. 


 I am tired. I am still scared about my housing situation. I am looking at my car and feeling hurt, because I try so hard to take care of the few things I do own. But at the end of the day, it's just stuff. My cats, Hendrix, Dylan and Joey are living breathing property, but I don't know if I will get to keep them if I can't find a new place that I can afford, that allows pets. There is still a lot to worry about, and I am, but I can only take it all one step at a time.

10 seconds at a time.

Mood: Tired

~Me
 

No comments: