How To View This Blog

How To View This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

Finding The Christmas Spirit Hiding Near The End Of The World



"My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?

~Bob Hope



It's Monday. And as I was sharing on Twitter, I am thankful for this day, and a new start. I won't dwell on last week except to say, it was a soul wrenching time, Friday will be a day I will never forget, even if it were possible to do so. It's an incredibly frustrating event, and my heart is broken, but I have to believe that not only will the pain be eased, but the future will bring about the positive change we all yearn for. So, I am going to spend the next week or so leading up to Christmas with as much holiday spirit as I can find, and if it's okay, I would like to share it with you!

I forgot to mention it back in October, but Alan and I are on a new adventure. We are learning French through Rosetta Stone. So far we are both doing really well with the lessons, and its so much fun I actually look forward to each lesson! When we are finished with French, I would love to try German next, and then perhaps Italian. We'll see... one day at a time. ONE DAY AT A TIME. There is no hurry, well, unless the world really does in later in the week. LOL. Somehow I don't think it will. I don't have that kind of luck!  LOL.

I am getting the spirit of the season back, and I am holding on with BOTH HANDS.

:)

Now, how about a fun little holiday joke?

Q. Why was Santa's Little Helper depressed?

A. (Comeback tomorrow for the punchline, but feel free to leave your own in the comment thread.)

~Me :)

1 comment:

jr cline said...

I always wondered if Rosettastone was as good as they advertise. It is nice to know someone who is actually using it. Cool!