Monday, July 20, 2009

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #47: Patterns





"A cloud does not know why it moves in just such a direction and at such a speed... it feels an impulsion... this is the place to go now. But the sky knows the reasons and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will know, too, when you lift yourself high enough to see beyond the horizons."

-Richard Bach



EMPS #47: PATTERNS NOW CLOSED!
PATTERNS.
We all have them in our lives, whether it be in the colors and shapes on our clothes, or as symbols for the way we do things each day. This week, I would love you to think outside the box when you do your assignments, while photographing the PATTERNS in your lives. I am really wanting to see something unusual, however, I will accept anything that fits the following examples of what a PATTERN is...

1.
A natural chance configuration

2.
A flight path prescribed for an airplane that is coming in for a landing

3.
A frequent or widespread incidence (such as a group of people walking to work)

4.
An artistic, musical, literary, or mechanical design or form (such as notes of a sheet of music, or a pattern on fabric)

Extra Credit:
Continuing our discussion of photography, write one paragraph about your photography PATTERNS. Have you ever photographed something in groups as to show a particular PATTERN?

**PLEASE READ**
This photo assignment closes next Sunday evening at 9:00 PM ET, so you have until then to get your photo or photos, upload them to your blog, journal or website, and then comeback here with the direct link back to it. Please remember, I DO NOT ACCEPT HYPERLINKS. It must be a link back to the entry which is specific to this week's photo shoot assignment. Be sure to check your links, the one you leave me is the one I will post in next week's Linking List. Also, please link back here, so other folks can find the assignment and play along!

Linking List for EMPS #46:Seen In Summer 07/13/09

NOW CLOSED!

1. Suzanne

2. Sherrie

3. Jama

4. Jodi (WELCOME NEW PARTICIPANT)

5. Your EG Tour Guide

6. Liz

7. Karen

8. Greg

Thanks everybody! See you next Monday with an all new photo shoot assignment!

:)

NOTE: I am having some difficulties with my broadband connection, so if I don't get by during the week to visit your entries, I will do my best to come by when I can. Also, because of the intermittent interruptions, I am posting several Monday Photo Shoot assignments ahead of time, using the scheduling feature, so, if you don't see a Linking List or if your name wasn't included on a list, leave me a note in the comments and I will add you as soon as possible.




5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Carly,
Great idea for a photo shoot! I have mine posted at my place, Sherrie's Stuff. Have a great day!

Sherrie
http://sherrie-plummer.blogspot.com/2009/07/ellpsis-monday-photo-shoot.html

Suzanne R said...

I have my patterns up!

http://suzyq421sphotoblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/emps-47-patterns.html

Liz said...

Hope your problems soon disappear.
Here is my entry.
http://colourcontrastcontinuity.blogspot.com/2009/07/patterns-of-behaviour.html

Mike said...

Hope the broadband starts working soon.

I finished in time this week. :)


http://everythingsun.blogspot.com/2009/07/ellipsis-monday-photo-shoot-47-patterns.html

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Just getting this in at the deadline. Squeak!

http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/2009/07/emps-patterns-pups-and-park.html