
"But they looked across the courtroom and they saw another stone-faced, emotionless, sometimes even happy Scott Peterson. That complete disconnect was what destroyed Scott Peterson. Ultimately, the strongest piece of evidence against Scott Peterson was Scott himself."
-Dean Johnson
The family of convicted murderer Scott Peterson is looking for donations, of between $5 - $50 to help with his appeal. The money would help them to retain attorney Cliff Gardner. It's not enough, apparently, that a portion of our taxes here in California is paying for his appeal... they need a little more. Honestly, I find it outrageous that they would expect anyone, especially in this economy, to send them money to help this guy get away with it what he did. Although, I have heard for years about women who not only write to him but send him money as well.
I don't understand these women. I really don't. Let's pretend he didn't kill Laci... HE CHEATED ON HER! And he not only lied to his wife, he lied to his mistress as well. Doesn't that go toward his general character? I know, I know, a cheater doesn't make a murderer... ok... what about the way he changed his appearance when he realized an arrest was imminent? Ok, so he is a liar and a cheat. Yeah, that's attractive! Now tell me... you would help him... why? Personally, I think any money he raises should go to the parents of Laci Peterson and to her charity, perhaps it could be used to actually help someone who needs it.
Opinions, opinions...
What do you think? Will Scott be able to raise the money he needs for his appeal? Do you think he could win a new trial on appeal?
Laci Peterson Official Website
-Carly
