Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hey...There's A Thought...

"It's bad in Iraq...does that help?"

-George W. Bush, Washington D.C., December 7, 2006

As I was driving past the university today, I saw several protest stations like this one. I suspect as Bush continues along on this devastating path he is currently on, I will be seeing more and more of this sentiment. I wish... so often I wish... that he would follow the example of Richard Nixon, and resign the office of the presidency, for the good of the country he swore he would protect and defend. Alas, he has only HIS best interests at heart, not ours. So, I have to wonder, how do you suppose he will manage to change the constitution in order to keep his job as president even after his term expires? I mean really, where would an ego like his go after this? It's a depressing time in America...




"Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die."
-George W. Bush, Washington D.C., December 7, 2006

*Bush Gets Earful On Ground Zero Health Fund (ABC News)

*$80M Believed Wasted In Iraq Police Training Camp (ABC News)

*Scientists Criticize White House Stance On Climate Change Findings (NY Times)

*On New Orleans, Not A Word From Bush (CBS News)

*Reporter: Libby Confirmed Wilson CIA Link (CBS News)

*Lawyer: Gitmo Inmates Shown Saddam Photos (MSNBC)

*Could Accidental War Happen? (MSNBC)

"And truth of the matter is, a lot of reports in Washington are never read by anybody. To show you how important this one is, I read it, and our guest read it."

-George W. Bush, on the Baker-Hamilton Report, appearing with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Washington D. C., December 7, 2006

-OndineMonet
"Signs Of The Times"
University of California Berkeley
Berkeley, California
January 31st, 2007
Afternoon


2 comments:

Patrick said...

The problem with the thought of Bush resigning is the unescapable conclusion that Cheney would then become president.

And I actually think he'd be worse!

Nancy said...

I believe he's deserving of impeachment...but I too, fear Chaney. Ugh.
Hard dilemma...but it sure would be great to have the choice!

Nancy