Friday, March 03, 2006

John Scalzi's Weekend Assignment #101: Very Hidden Talents

"Dance is the hidden language of the body."

-Martha Graham

Weekend Assignment #101: Name a talent that you don't have, that you wish you did.

Extra Credit: Do you have any completely useless talents?

-John Scalzi

Every since I was a little girl, I have wanted to dance. I saw my first ballet when I was about age 5 0r 6, and I thought it was all so very beautiful. From the costumes, to the music...it enchanted me. Alas, it was not to be. I am an ok dancer, but I am very short, only 4ft 11, on a good day. LOL. So most of the dances like ballet or the tango would have looked a little silly, if a munchkin like me were dancing them. And I must confess, I was never could get used to standing on my toes. I have this thing about my feet. I have perfectly normal feet, it's just that I am sometimes...well...a little...uncoordinated. Tee Hee. Alan will attest to the fact that he once watched me fall out of one room, and land clear across the hall in another, and bounce back out! So, when you are a walking slapstick skit...it's best not to bring a bad name to such a beautiful talent. But hey, I can "Froug" like no one's business. :) LOL.

Extra Credit: Yes, I can recite the Declaration of Independence while standing on my head. If you call that talent! LOL.

-OndineMonet
"Ballerina By A Window"
By L. Bomhoff

3 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, we must find a use for that head-standing, Jefferson-quoting talent of yours! ;) - Karen

V said...

Beautiful.
V

DesLily said...

I had a used pair of Ballet Toe Shoes as a kid and used to try some of the feet positions.. somehow having my feet twisted in those positions and then trying to be graceful just didn't fit with a tomboy kid lol..