Saturday, April 13, 2024

2.5 Years Later

 

“These so-called bleak times are necessary to go through in order to get to a much, much better place.” 

~David Lynch 
 
Ugh. Covid. I may have mentioned, once or twice, that I have some lingering symptoms from my bout of Covid, now 2.5 years out. I am tired, all the time, and I have an occasional flutter in my chest. I still cannot eat mushrooms, or dark rye bread. I loved both of those things prior to Covid-19. Now they both leave a dreadful taste in my mouth, like they were picked out of the trash on a aircraft carrier. Metal and mealy and oily. Without going into too much detail, understand, I still feel the effects of Covid-19 (Omicron) 2.5 years later.

John Hopkins has a list of myth-busters concerning Covid-19. By now we all know the shit from shinola, but it makes for interesting reading. The fact that a former president of the United States would suggest that consuming bleach might be a realistic treatment for COVID is absurd. And the fact that the GOP continues to mention, that Dr. Anthony Fauci deserves to be prosecuted for his service to the White House during the outbreak is a dangerous. I remember someone in the media mentioning that he had become more popular than Donald Trump, and that was all it took for the hatred towards Fauci to begin.

Educate yourself now. If Trump wins it will difficult to get accurate information about any medical condition, let alone Trump's biggest failure while in office, let alone Covid-19.



No comments: