Thursday, March 14, 2024

Gotcha!

 
“What we find changes who we become.”
~Peter Morville 
 
 These, pheasant, are the hardest damn birds to find! I spent all of last year searching for one, to add to my bird album, and the only one I managed to see and photograph was on it's way, the HELL away from me. I got a blurry photo, with just enough detail to know it was a pheasant, but definitely nothing to brag about. But the other day, as we were speeding along Woodbridge road, there it was! A large male pheasant standing along the road, looking around, as if it was no big deal that I drive myself insane attempting to spot them! It's really difficult to not believe the birds openly mock me. Not really, I kid the birds, but one thing is for sure, it was a wonderful, exhilarating experience, and I am so pleased I got to see this beauty! Was it a late winter gift? Or was it an early spring gift? Either way, I smiled for a couple days just thinking about it!


No comments: