Sunday, March 03, 2024

Body Language


 
“The measure of a man is what he does with power.” 

~Plato 
 
I am expecting the Supreme Court to rule that Donald Trump is allowed to be on the ballot. You know how I feel about things, but here is a link to the 14th Amendment of the Constitution Section 3. It's not a long read, it's one small paragraph, and that is kinda the joke, isn't it?
One small paragraph is standing between us, and the fall of democracy. The court issued a trigger warning for tomorrow, a rarity on a weekend, so I assume they want both sides to brace for impact. Well, I am doing just that.

I can't stop thinking about this clip of Trump saying something to Justice Kennedy, the night of his retirement announcement. Justice Kennedy seems genuinely taken aback about something. Who knows? Trump is such a goon it could have been anything I suppose, but it also could have been Trump bragging about his political power to do evil, and how the Supreme Court will now be young enough now to continue his agenda for years to come. He made them his bitch.


So what do you think? Was it a devil's handshake?

Read the article at the New York Times.


No comments: