Saturday, February 17, 2024

Turning Down The Volume Of Life

 

“Quiet is peace.
 Tranquility.
 Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. 
Silence is pushing the off button.
 Shutting it down.
 All of it.” 

~Khaled Hosseini,
 
The little bird you see in the photo is a Least Sandpiper. It is a mighty little bird, in fact they are the smallest of the sandpipers. They are about the size of a sparrow, and I have misidentified them more than once, but I have come to know them now, and I look forward to them every year. I love their sound. While I can't wait to photograph them, they are quite a challenge as they move about in a manic pace. I also enjoy just putting the camera down and observing them. I know I say this about all the birds I photograph, but I love them. I truly do. Each bird is so unique, and for these birds it's how small and mighty they are. They inspire me to keep trying. They migrate thousands of miles in a year, and are only around for a little while before they are on their way, so it is a true honor to just turn off all the noise and be thankful for their visit to my corner of the world.
 
 
 
“My imagination functions much better
 when I don't have to speak to people.” 

~Patricia Highsmith

No comments: