Sunday, January 07, 2024

This Girl Does Not Live By Monopoly Alone!

 

“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.” 
 
~Julia Child
 

I wasn't just playing Monopoly yesterday, I also made Chicken Cordon Bleu. It's so easy, and fun, and if I may say so myself, mine is delicious! There, I said it! I tooted my own horn, and that's okay! One should brag on things they do well, but before I go any further I will cop to the fact that all it took was being able to read 30 years ago! I couldn't boil water when I go married, my mother had no clue about what to cook, ever, so I was pretty much on my own. What I wanted from life was to be married, with the eventuality of children. I needed to learn to cook first, so that my babies would get off to a healthy beginning. Alas, we never had children but I did learn too cook. I have some specialties, which is really simply my spin on some basic dishes. My 30lb lasagna has some secrets to tell. My Chicken in Puff Pastry is definitely to our taste, and my Italian soup is really no big deal, mostly expected ingredients, but dear hubby looks forward to it! I am planning to make a, Sun-dried tomato and Kalamata olive Focaccia, one day soon. I miss using my breadmaker, but with Trump and the national election in full nonsense mode, I am sure it will get quite the workout.

Here is a pretty good Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, and from a different site, a lovely accompanying sauce that raises taste of the dish to the next level. Experiment with it, and if you want to share, comeback and leave me a comment. I would love to hear about what you made!
 

 
 

No comments: