Tuesday, December 12, 2023

The Hawk And The Tree

 
“Seeing him amid the yellow leaves and berry-colored hips of the spent roses, and the fading hollyhocks gone to seed along the garden wall, filled her heart."

~Susan Wiggs,
 

 Yesterday we went to Yolo Bypass to check on how things are doing there. To my dismay, it was dismal. There were some perching birds, and some hawks, but that was it, well, except for a few ducks. No Snow Geese, no Sandhill Crane. Although I saw both species fly over the preserve, they just kept flying. It was sad. I am used to having all that beauty around me, this year they seem to be lost on their journey along the flyway. I am really hoping this distressing time heals soon. 

By the way... if you are wondering where this gorgeous hawk is in the tree, look in the upper left hand side a bit closer to the middle.    :)
 

 

No comments: