Monday, December 18, 2023

Desmond/Bruceville

 

“A formation of geese majestically swept over my office as they flew out to feed in the local fields. And as they coursed their way into the promise of morning’s horizon, I was immediately reminded of how many things vie for my attention and consume my time that possess nothing of majesty and have no ability to fly.” 

~Craig D. Lounsbrough 
 
Sometime, if I wake up really early in the morning, I can hear geese fly over my condo, on their way to, more than likely, the Delta. I have seen them many times, soaring over Pixie Woods, a children's park next to my place. Last winter there was a small flock in Louis Park, and some around the Haggin Museum. I haven't checked the grounds of the museum yet, but I would guess there are many Canada gees there right now. There is no shortage of wildlife around me but I still love Desmond/Bruceville road in Galt the most. It's a jaunt to get there, but more than worth it! That's where I took these photos. It provides a great mostly unobstructed view of the birds. I have found so many different species of bird there, every one heals my heart just a little bit. I will be eternally grateful for every webbed foot in that little river, and at the Cosumnes River Preserve.




 
 

No comments: