Saturday, November 11, 2023

Under The Enchantment Of Newly Fallen Leaves

 

“Autumn is Nature's last party of the year. And dressing for the occasion, forests don their brightest attire, while the creatures follow suit with plush coats of fur. As the birds savor their final flights in the waning embers of light, Nature's children scamper about in search of manna for their winter pantries, pausing long enough to frolic in the heaps of newly fallen leaves."

~Debra Welsh
["Autumn Suppers," Orange Coast Magazine, Oct. 1983]
 

 
Sometimes you just happen upon beauty, and when that happens, I try to not let the chance pass me by. A strange, tiny little house that I have never noticed before was suddenly just there! I have been down the road it sits on, many times, but all through my travels I never saw it! Go figure, perhaps I need to slow my life down a bit. That gorgeous blanket of copper colored leaves reflected the sun to the point that they were glowing, so I stopped, and when I grabbed my camera I realized, the real star was the little wooden building. I don't know what it is, but it was a pleasure to photograph it. I think I will check on it again in the spring and see if blossoms make it seem even half as enchanting! Speaking of "enchantment" I came across many sights today that made me smile, and instantly relax. Truly, it was several moments of absolute Zen, in several of my favorite places in the valley. You can't ask for more than that!

Northern Pintail Sleeping

Sandhill Crane
Gadwall



No comments: