Sunday, November 05, 2023

My Happy Place


 
“Come, little leaves," said the Wind one day, "Come to the meadows with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; For Summer is past, and the days grow cold.” 

~George Cooper 
 
 
“Squeeze your eyes closed, as tight as you can, and think of all your favorite autumns, crisp and perfect, all bound up together like a stack of cards. That is what it is like, the awful, wonderful brightness of Fairy colors. Try to smell the hard, pale wood sending up sharp, green smoke into the afternoon. To feel the mellow, golden sun on your skin, more gentle and cozier and more golden than even the light of your favorite reading nook at the close of the day.” 

~ Catherynne M. Valente,
 
 
Close your eyes and imagine yourself surrounded by crimson red leaves dancing around in the air. Smell the scent of the raw earth, just after the corn is harvested. Geese and Sandhill crane flying by, singing for everyone to hear as they arrive high above Woodbridge road. Imagine a sky, filled with clouds that seem to go on forever, with just enough blue sky surrounding them to make you think of the ocean. That's what it's like here in Autumn, and no other season presents itself with that kind of beauty. This is one of my happy places. It's really helping my process my grief. I loved my niece and nephew, very much. I am so sorry they died and I miss them greatly, but being out in nature provides me a gentle relief from the stress and sadness. In an upcoming post I will tell you about some of the other sights I see on Woodbridge and Desmond roads. It's a truly amazing place.
 
 

 
 Take a moment to just daydream. 




No comments: