Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving 2023


"Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse." 
 
~Henry Van Dyke
 
Autumn Endures
(Haiku)
By Me
 
 Cinnamon Leaves dance
Under an azure blue sky
Autumn love endures
 

Happy Thanksgiving dear readers, and thank you for still being with me. I am grateful for all of you.  As you know, it has been a really strange year for me personally, and tragic for so many other folks. But while 2023 been uneven in what it put in my path, life is all about change, and opportunities, and how we deal with them. It's also about the changing seasons. I can count among my blessings that Fall has been healing for me personally, and that I am just about finished with the project in the spare room. Photos to follow soon! My hubby still loves me, and we are both in good health, and happy we are still deeply in love after 33 years of marriage. Hendrix is doing well, with no signs of his cancer returning, and Dylan just gets more loving every single day. As for Joey, well I am pretty sure I have said it before, but I am just going to say it again, he is the best Thanksgiving gift we ever received. We found him Thanksgiving weekend, 2013, and I just fall more in love with him every day! And I have the leaves, the ducks, the geese, the cold weather, and so much more to count among my blessings.
 
I am grateful for my condo. My Mini Cooper. And my love.
 
I am truly blessed.
 
My heart is happy. I hope yours is as well.
 
From our house to yours...

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
 


No comments: