Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Everything Autumn Everywhere All At Once

 

“And that afternoon, as the sun slanted low through the changing autumn leaves, I remembered to savor the moment, soak in the beauty, breathe deeply and feel the immensity of God.” 

~Cindee Snider Re,
  Beginning the Journey Toward Hope in Chronic Illness
 

It's Autumn, and as I have mentioned in several posts, I feel pressured. I feel rushed. I feel inspired, but I feel like fitting in the time to savor the incredibly healing benefits of even one glorious Oak tree or grapevine, is selfish. However, sometimes one should say, well, fuck it, and head out to the farmland and the city parks, and simply let the season thrill you, and heal you. Never underestimate the power the natural world plays in the well being of the body. It's been a tough year for me. It was a mixed bag of blessings and grief, but my therapist encouraged me yesterday, during our regular monthly session, to treat myself with some kindness. Love. So, Autumn is peaking in my area right now, and I am out in it with my camera, documenting what I see, feel and smell. All it takes is one incredibly lovely oak tree and I instantly feel myself reach a state of calm. Hearing the migrating birds fly over has the same affect, and a sweet potato for dinner helps me sleep like no drug can. I feel pretty good, except for my arthritis, but even that hasn't stopped me too much. I am reaching happy. How about that?!
 
Homemade Minestrone Soup





No comments: