Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Bleach Me, My Sweet Unbleachable You

 
“Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart,” the President continued. “Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star … to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius … and a very stable genius at that!” 
 
~Donald John Trump
 
It's that time of year again. Thanksgiving is upon us, and with it comes all those delicious opportunities to spread Covid-19. You remember Covid... right? You know, that pesky little virus that killed millions worldwide, and in the United States, 1,152,647, as of the writing of this blog post. Sigh. The variant, Omicron, the variant that Hubby gave me for Christmas, 2021, continues to mutate and at this point, we are on HV1, which first made its presence known last summer. So, here's the thing, there is a lot that can be done to take care of oneself, and others, but do we still make the basic efforts to do so?

 
1. Wash your hands.
 
2. WEAR A FUCKING MASK!
 
3. Ge the vaccine and the boosters.
 
4. Don't drink bleach!
 
 
5. It doesn't hurt to wipe your groceries down went you get home from the store. Tedious, but so is contracting a deadly virus. Sigh. You all know where you stand on this, but it makes me so sad to know anyone who takes the time to read my ramblings, may not be here a year from now, because we were all so ready to get back to "normal"
 
6. Gloves are a good idea. Hey, remember a few years ago when that report came out about what is actually found on shopping carts? Feces? Forget about it! Or rather, remember, that cart will hold the food you eat.
 
Of course a deadly pandemic occurs while Trump was in office. When I considered all the apocalyptic scenarios that would happen after he was elected on election night 2016, why didn't I think that would happen? When it was my turn to experience Captain Tripps, I felt so many things, as I lay face first into my Covid pillow. I thought about how Hubby and I had moved about the full first year, without catching either the original strain, of the equally dangerous, Delta variant. I wondered just how bad it might get. Would Hubby be okay? Eventually it became apparent we would survive. Weren't we lucky!? But now we had Omicron... what the Hell would that mean for Hubby and I, down the road?
 
Well, as it turns out, Hubby decided to retire because he couldn't get the strength he once had back. One day he was fine, the next day he is left with Tinnitus, and a seriously decreased energy level. We both have memory losses and the occasional heart flutter. Neither of which existed prior to our catching Covid-19. I couldn't eat normally for most of 2022, and to this day I can't mushrooms. Why? I have no idea, but it started about 2 weeks after I was symptom free. I consider myself lucky on that score, as my bout with the food repulsion was manageable during 2022, most folks who experienced this phenomena had it to very different degrees. It just seemed so sad for that to be a symptom. Omicron killed less folks than previous strains did, but it was not mild in the sense that it left lasting damage. And we were among the lucky ones.

Please... just take it seriously. I never want to get it again. Frankly... the thought scares the Hell out of me. And I really don't want to lose my husband because someone just couldn't be bothered to take care of themselves. 
 
Please, just wear a damn mask! 




Great Reading... 
 
Harvard Business Review

 
Get free Covid tests from the government.
 

No comments: