Sunday, October 08, 2023

The Mossdale Railroad Bridge


 “Although I was born in April,
 I’m quite certain I was not fully awake until October."
 
~Peggy Toney Horton
 
 
I understand that sentiment. I was born in June, but because of my deep dislike for summer, it feels like I didn't fully become a person until autumn. October in particular. I love the month of October. I love learning about new things in October, as if I were a kid going back to school. I enjoy reading all year long, but it's during this time of year I like to pick up a great biography or a book on the history of a certain place, and jump right in. See this beautiful old railroad trestle? I have driven past it upwards of 200 - 300 times in the last 40 years, and other than admiring it, and the one that sits near it, I never really thought much of it. But the other day, while visiting, River Islands, in Lathrop, I glanced over, and it just seemed so great that I just had to photograph it. I am going to do more on the railroads out here, and the rich history of the Gold Rush days, but for now I present simply a pleasant picture and a link to a brief history of something really cool near where I live. 

 

 

No comments: