Saturday, October 14, 2023

His Autumn Colors...

 

“Sitting under a tree in a park in the summer,
 listening to birds and squirrels
 chirping while reading a good book is priceless.” 

~ Charmaine J. Forde
 
 
I was in my favorite park, Cull Canyon, checking on my favorite tree, the other day, and there he was, a Red squirrel, as well as several other of his friends, skittering about gathering acorns. Winter is coming. I don't really want to think about it. I am in Autumn, so why dwell on it leaving me two months from now? I am just going to live in the moment, and be grateful I have all that I love right in front of me at the moment. I just wish my sleepy tree would wake up and put it's autumn coat on. El Nino will be bringing heavy storms back to California this autumn and winter, and I'd like to see my tree in full autumn leaf bloom before the storms blow all the beauty to the ground. My fingers are crossed that there isn't too much damage. I really love that tree, and the pretty little squirrels that play around it!


 


 

No comments: