Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Autumn Blackberries And Spiders, Plus Autumn Leaf Of The Day #12

 

“I gazed at the monster and couldn't rip my gaze away.
 He was... beautifully twisted.” 
 
~Jennifer West,
 
 Something has changed in me. Today, I found myself mesmerized by this HUGE spider spinning it's web in a fading blackberry bush, along Bruceville road. It was strangely beautiful, and I could have watched it forever, but it was getting late in the day, and I still needed to check on the birds on Desmond road, so I took a few photos and went about my way. An hour later, I was still thinking about him, and feeling really impressed with the house it was building. I had never seen a spider spinning a web before, and now I have a great deal of respect for that creature and it's abilities. But I know for certain, however, I would rather love and admire him from afar, then get to know him in person. He has his world, and I am happy in mine, with a camera in my hand, and a big curiosity about all I may have missed.
 






No comments: