Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Daisy, Daisy, Give Me Your Answer Do...

 

“And the yellow sunflower by the brook, in autumn beauty stood.” 

~William Cullen Bryant
 
The crane have definitely returned to Lodi, and Woodbridge road, but so far I haven't seen them in any great numbers, although yesterday I saw four, where just the day before that it was just two. I am just really ready for all my friends to finally be home, but while I wait, I have other winged creatures to play with, so it's all good. Not just dragonflies, bats and mosquitos, but little yellow lemon-drop butterflies, and honey bees as well! My friend, Stephen, pointed out the beauty of these little ones, and it has brought me a lot of happiness to photograph them over the years. That guy inspired and encouraged me in my photography subjects, and I will be eternally grateful for that. I even spotted and photographed a little creature at Preston Castle, the other day, that a few years ago I would have gone nowhere near. The cutest little lizard ever. It made me smile, because it reminded me of the pet lizard my mother had when she lived in Tracy. His name was Happy.

In October, we plan to visit the Monarch Sanctuary in Pacific Grove. It has been five years, or more, since we visited there, because of the decline in the Monarch numbers. But last winter, their numbers increased again and now it is back! There is so much to see on the Monterey Peninsula. Birds. Butterflies. Ocean sprays. Some of the most gorgeous sunsets I have ever seen, have been in Carmel, as the sun sets over the Pacific ocean. Art. Whale watching. A sculpture honoring John Steinbeck. The Cannery. The setting for many great movies and TV shows are right there as well. And if it all sounds boring, there is the nifty, Monterey Bay Aquarium, to play in. There is simply too much to photograph! It can't be done in one day, and that's what I love most about visiting. It's like going to an amusement park, and around each corner is a new land to experience! So it's all coming my way soon, and even more than that, so stay tuned!


No comments: