Sunday, August 20, 2023

It Was Not On My Bingo Card For This Week


 

“Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster, which is one of the oldest subjects of art.”
~Susan Sontag 
 
The Southland is having quite a conversation with Mother Nature today. Not only is it experiencing the tiny drops of moisture from the tropical downgrade of Hurricane Hilary, but Ojai, and the surrounding ares, just experienced a 5.1 earthquake. To tell you the truth I kinda have cold chill up my spine about all things nature as I sit there. An earthquake would really not be unexpected, as this area hasn't had one for quite a while. But that doesn't mean I am ready to deal with one more thing! I haven't shared all the recent personal news I have. I just don't want to deal with it right now. I will open up about everything in time, for now I am just working on handling it and being okay. It has been a lot process. What a summer.

Here is what the California Earthquake Authority Says...


It's a lot to think about. We bought the condo last February, so maybe it's time to get the insurance. Shrug. We will have quake eventually. It's just a part of living in the Golden State. 



No comments: