Monday, November 21, 2022

Now For Something Different And Autumn Leaf Of The Day #61

 

"Joy ... in the fall, winter, and always in the mountains where people are few, wildlife is abundant and there is peace in the quiet."
 
~Donna Lynn Hope
 
I post a lot of photos of birds, so many in fact, that one might imagine that I only seek out, or come across, birds. That is certainly not the case, I am lucky enough to see a lot of other happy little creatures. This year for example, I saw my very first ground squirrel, and there were a ton of rabbits all through the valley, from Galt to Davis! I liked that very much. I also encountered some not so awesome creatures, such as field mice and even a couple coyotes. They were nice to observe from a distance, as was this pair. I think they were curious as to whether I had brought them an apple or some carrots, but they didn't spend too much time on it. They politely posed for this photo and then they were on their way, as it should be. It was nice. I could have stood there all day chatting, but it was cold, and it was time to rejoin the human world. Unfortunately. 
 


~Me

No comments: