Monday, August 23, 2021

By The Way, Happy Anniversary

  
"Why this candle? Why this cake?
 The day of my birth is not today, it was the day you said, 'hey'."

~Kamand Kojouri
 
 
It's August 23rd, and today my blog turns 18 years old. It can now legally vote! And I sure wish it could. I may be "semi-retired" from politics, but it doesn't mean I have given up on things. But that is for a different post. I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating, time flies whether you are having fun or not. A lot has gone on in the last 18 years, but especially since the great Trump administration debacle, and the time of Covid-19. Its been sad the last few years, throw in the Northern California wildfires, that we have come to expect, and I have thought about simply giving up all together. But as soon as the first of August rolls around, there I am, looking for turning leaves and giddy with anticipation of what what amazing beauty will be found as I move through autumn. 
 
 I am grateful to have experienced blogging. The last 18 years have deserved some kind of permanent documentation. My blog was for me, to share the events in my life and marriage, and all things beyond our front door and what it meant to me. If you have been along with we for the ride, all or even most of that time, you know that I am just a person, floating through life. Nothing exciting or special, just life as it happened to me and he. We have had our bits of the extraordinary happen, like being able to purchase our first home. The home we are in now. You will also know how frightened I was of owning a home for the first time, but how I grew into my comfort eventually, and how I grew to love it. Well, things do change don't they?
 
I will love this place forever, but I will love the new place too. I tend to acclimate to my surroundings, which is why I never wanted to live in Tennessee. That was a joke, by the way. Anyway, I can't really picture the place we will land in. It's not clear yet. But we will make it work until time to move on. We lived in our shack in the Berkeley hills for 14 years. A very small. Very unremarkable shack. Then one of those bits of magic happened, and we found out it had been illegal all the time, allowing us to sue for a small amount of cash, that allowed us to purchase the home we are about to sell. It's a cliche, but yes, when one door closes another door opens. Ugh. I hate closed doors.Which is why I will probably be back every year until I go onto my glory, with another anniversary post. So stay tuned, I will always have something to share around August 23 of any given year. And certainly through autumn.

So little blog of my voice... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Thank you for all your have done for my frayed nerves and ability to share some creativity. On to Chapter 19, and what happens next.


~Me
Home
August 23rd 2021

No comments: