Friday, January 15, 2021

Roadside America Attraction #2 The Lumberjack's Lumberjack

 
"Adventure, creativity, and novelty... is human nature
And I am a Human! Journey is it's fate. And I am traveling it." 
 
~Tahreem Rahat
 
 
This is my second post of, Roadside America, attractions, as I meander my way around the Central Valley, in search of all things of novelty. My first post came at the end of December, and featured the A&W Root-beer family, in Lodi, California. This time around we are a little closer to home. This cool lumberjack is from right in my own town, of Stockton! I am not sure if he carries the name of Paul Bunyon, like some similar statues do, but no doubt about it, he is a fitting mascot for a restaurant named Lumberjacks! I can't believe this is my second post, and I am doing one so similar as the last one. There is a lot to see in the world, and even right here in the San Joaquin Valley, but I really dig these statues. 
 

When I was a little girl, my parents would visit some friends in Hayward, California, and we would drive right by, Mike The Muffler Man, on Mission Boulevard. I was intrigued that my friend Mike was always there, like a great big protective friend. I'm not sure where I thought he'd go, but he made me smile, so I didn't really want to think about not seeing each other one day. Strange what a child's mind will attach to. That fascination, although to a much less degree, endured. Whenever I have been in Hayward, and anywhere near the corner of Mission Boulevard and A Street, I just had to pass my old pal Mike. Can you tell that I am wildly over sentimental?
 
 
~Carly
 
 

No comments: