Sunday, December 24, 2017

Magical Little Gifts



"The Christmas spirit
whispers softly in my ear
to be of good cheer."

~Richelle E Goodrich
 Being Bold


It wouldn't be Christmas eve, without a video of my little furball's, annual Elf Yourself video! They're adorable, aren't they? But I'm their mommy, so of course I think so, but the thing is, I know if they were human little boys, they would be the best players at their school concerts, I mean just look at them, they never miss chance to be adorable, and talented, and just the happiest little people! Dylan is one of those cats, that believes everything has to be just so. Hendrix takes care of his brothers, and Joey tries really hard to be a good child. If he thinks we are mad, or disappointed, in him, he does everything he can to fix his naughty behavior.

 I guess that goes back to the fact that he was discarded, when he was a baby. Someone gave up on him, which is very sad, because they threw away a sweet, intelligent, and considerate kitty! I wish they could know, what a wonder gift Joey has been. We got Hendrix, on October 29th, 2008, Dylan, on November 10th, 2008, and Joey on November 30th, 2013, so they all came along on holidays, in autumn, Halloween, The Presidential Election of Barack Obama, and Thanksgiving weekend, and they are my little autumn treasures! Good things always seem to happen for us in autumn, but with the sweet comes the bitter... we lost our Elvis just a few weeks before we adopted Hendrix. But deep down, I have always felt like he personally chose who would look over us, the way he did. I can see it clearly, Elvis told Hendrix it was time to go and take care of us, because, without him, we would need a little extra help.

Dylan and Hendrix did a very good job of filling our little cottage with love and laughter, but when Joey was thrown out, by his previous family, Elvis told him, about a family that would always have room in their hearts, for little cats who need a little extra help and a little extra love. And we haven't had a loveless day in our lives since! Hendrix and Joey became friends immediately, and Dylan, who wasn't thrilled there was a Joey, came around after a while, because Joey showed him that he knew his place, and he wasn't trying to steal our love away, now Dylan has a cuddle pal, and is less jealous than he was before! He has learned that I have plenty of love for all three of them!

 Dylan is a more self-assured kitty, but when we moved a couple years ago, he was frightened, and unsure of where he was! But Joey stayed right with him, and they bonded as, not just cuddle buddies, but best friends. Alan and I were lucky to find three, magical little gifts! Or did they find us? Or did the best cat in the world, send us three little bundles of joy, that fill our hearts with a lot of love? So much love, that even on days when nothing seems to go right, we always know, and count on, that there are three little people who love us unconditionally, and are each just a little bit of magic! Some of the best gifts come in tiny packages! 

Now matter where the 3 little boys came from, I always remember to thank Elvis, the heavens above, or whatever spirit or guardian angel, who sent them to us. I believe it wasn't just simple luck, that brought us all together, someone had to have planned for us to be a family! That's why, even when I am at my saddest, or during the stressful holiday season, or when Trump scares me breathless Hendrix, who is the family caregiver, seems to, know and he gives me a little extra attention, and love. He is an amazingly compassionate, and empathetic soul. Life is good! I have a loving husband, and the best children I could ask for! I guess Alan and I have become crazy cat people you've heard about, but so be it, we are happy and we wouldn't trade it for nothing!


Mood: Grateful
~Me

 

No comments: