Thursday, January 05, 2017

Cough Drop Affirmations

"Life likes to be taken by the lapels and told,
 'I'm with you kid, let's go!' "

~Maya Angelou

What you see above is a picture of a cough drop... with an affirmation on the outside of the wrapper. It's a Hall's strawberry cough drop to be exact! I hadn't had cough drops for a while, even while being sick because all brands of cough drops contain sucrose. Because of my Fibromyalgia, I can't have anything containing sucrose. It gives Fibro sufferers, such as myself, unworldly gas! I don't like experiencing unworldly gas, so I usually just cough until the coughing runs it's course.

But with this current cold, the coughing was really persistent and it was making my back and sides hurt to try to soldier through, so I broke down and used the cough drops. They were tastier than I remembered, and while they did indeed give me gas, it wasn't as uncomfortable as the constant coughing. And wonderful hubby that I have didn't even complain about my air concerts, he just wanted to help me feel better! Gosh I love that man! 

And look at that, an affirmation for when I am better!

"March Forward."

That's always good advice, 
marching backwards just makes you look stupid! 




Mood: Tired

~Me


No comments: