Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Rhetorical Questions

"It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are
 or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. 
It is what you think about it."

~Dale Carnegie
How To Win Friends And Influence People

If the past week has taught me one thing, it would be that I felt better, inside and out, when I was able to get out with the camera and do some photography. That's the great thing about vacations, they give you a chance to break away from the things that hold you back, or cause you stress. Those things are very different for Alan and I. For him, it meant taking a break from his job. He got to stay up late, sleep in, and watch a ton of TV! He played video games and read. He listened to music, and me bitch about politics! He doesn't mind my complaining, and screaming at the TV, in fact he usually either laughs or joins in!

The vacation for me meant a break from cooking every day. Not that I mind cooking, I don't, in fact I rather enjoy it, but with the relaxed schedule it was nice to sometimes go out for a meal together. I also got to stay up late, and sleep in late. NICE! But the biggest benefit was being able to do a ton of photography and see some new places, such as Half Dome, on our car ride to Yosemite. 

We both feel better, so I guess the vacation was a success! Now comes the difficult part, keeping, even just to a small degree, the elements of our time off that did us the most good, the rest of the year! It's 11 months until vacation rolls around again, and that time will either go by really fast, and mostly uneventful, or it will drag on, and on, and on. With Trump set to be officially sworn in this coming January, I have no idea what the future holds. Who knows?

Shrug.

That question was rhetorical by the way! If you do know, don't tell me. I don't want to know! Lets all be surprised... shall we?

 Leaf Of The Day
November 15th 2016




Mood: Quiet

~Me  

 



No comments: