Thursday, October 27, 2016

Art About Town: San Francisco... La Rose Des Vents, By Jean-Michel Othoniel

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."

~Twyla Tharp


We finally got back to Golden Gate Park a couple days ago. Since moving to Stockton, we haven't visited San Francisco with nearly the same frequency we did when we lived in the East Bay, and I have missed it so much that it's like a piece of me is missing! But the other day we made a whole day of it, crossing the San Mateo Bridge and driving up the coast!

We went to specifically see the Dahlia Garden, which sits next to the Conservatory of Flowers, and they didn't disappoint, they were gorgeous, and I will devote a whole post about them soon, but in addition to those lovely flowers, I found that there was a new addition of public art to brighten the park! It was so pleasant to see it there, and it's a gorgeous bright yellow color that can't help but make one smile, especially on a dark, rainy San Francisco day! It is a kinetic sculpture, by artist, Jean-Michel Othoniel. 


The weather may have made everything seem slightly blue, but the mood I felt wasn't blue at all! I loved the smell of the cold damp earth, and the smell of fireplaces and the mixture of different foods being prepared as we made our way around the city! Ahhh... I was home. I was in my San Francisco, and all was well!

 Leaf Of The Day
October 27th, 2016

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: