Thursday, November 19, 2015

Curb Appeal

"The smell of burning firewood and the molding of organic, earthy substances reminded her of jumping wildly into the enormous leaf piles of autumn past
 and she suddenly wished that it was appropriate for someone her age to do such a thing."

~Abby Slovin
Letters In Cardboard Boxes

I love leaves! I love everything about them. I love when they turn and fall from the trees, and I love raking them up into big piles. Granted, I appreciate doing that more when my body isn't inflamed with Fibromyalgia pain, but even when I have to take it easy with the amount of leaf raking I can get done, I enjoy any time spent with leaves, and I am thrilled to live in my own home now, where I have complete control of the landscaping around me.

By this time next year I hope to add at least 5 more rose bushes, and at least 4 dwarf Japanese Maple varieties. I am going to plant a couple of them in the yard and a few will be in decorative pots. Because of the drought in California, Stockton has a list of trees and plants you are allowed to plant and fortunately some of my very favorite are on the list! Ginkgo is especially lovely. I love their little fan shaped leaves, and Willow is another gorgeous option. I want to make the place lovely for us, I am lucky to have a hubby who loves autumn as much as I do! And trees too!

 It's our plan to live here a few years and then maybe move back to the Bay Area, so I will be able to, hopefully, take a couple of the trees with me, but I want to leave the place peaceful and lovely for whoever purchases the house next. I want the yard to not just have curb appeal, I want to house to put out a genuine welcoming vibe and spirit.
 An autumn spirit.


Do you have a favorite tree?
And tell me, if you were buying a new home would trees and shrubs be a deal maker or deal breaker?
Leaf Of The Day
November 19th 2015
 
Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: