Saturday, March 07, 2015

Art About Town: San Francisco... The Bay Lights, By Leo Villareal

The Bay Lights
By Leo Villareal
October 2013

 
"San Francisco is the longest lasting love affair of my life. 
Her beauty inspires me anew each day and
  I am very thankful to be able to live here
 on the edge of the continent in what I feel is the heart of the world."

~Nicole
 sfheart.com

The Bay Lights, on the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, is the largest public art sculpture in San Francisco, and it is probably the most beautiful piece of public art I have ever seen! Those tiny, sparkling lights twinkle from dusk to dawn, at least they have for the last couple years since their debut in March of 2013. But for the next year, or so, the tiny lights won't be shining. You see, all the little LED bulbs are needing to be replaced, with longer lasting ones, because what started out as a temporary art project, has turned into a permanent part of San Francisco! In early 2016, when the lights comeback on, they will be on for good! I, for one, will miss them terribly. There is nothing quite like those beautiful lights, especially on a warm autumn night. I took the picture above on a night just like that. Alan and I took a dinner cruise on San Francisco Bay, and sailing toward those lights was nothing short of magical. A cool bay cruise, some romantic lighting, the sight of the most beautiful city in the world, and the right someone to share it with! That's the stuff of happiness!

San Francisco
October 2013


Shame on me! I had begun to take those lights for granted! When the lights come back, I think I will be doing a lot of photography of the lights, and the beautiful Bay Bridge. 
I love it so much!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)


No comments: