Sunday, February 08, 2015

One Small Corner Of My World

"On the fifth day, which was a Sunday, it rained very hard. I like it when it rains very hard. It sounds like white noise everywhere, which is like silence but not empty."

~Mark Haddon
The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time

It's raining in the Bay Area again, and I love it. It makes me calm inside, and reminds me of when I was a little girl, and I would watch spooky movies on weekend afternoons. I still do that, as a matter of fact, as that is a longstanding tradition with Alan and me. It seems when we were both children, who hadn't even met yet, we were doing mostly the same activities most of the time. Sometimes I wish he and I would have met sooner, life would have been a little less lonely, and at the same time, I think he came along, and our friendship and love developed in the right time. Friends first, lover second. Both forever. I was thinking about that today, when I took this photo. It is one corner of my very full life. It is the top right corner of my desk. A cornflower blue wall, white crinkle curtain, different colored IKEA bud vases in different colors, and some cheerful silk Gerberea Daisies. Alan and I decorated the cottage together, it has so many touches that just says... US. I'm a happy girl!

    :)
Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: