Friday, November 07, 2014

The Last Day Of Vacation Part Two...

"In matters of healing the body or mind, vacation is a true genius!"

~Mehmet Murat ildan

After we finished at Ripley's Believe It Or Not!, we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge and headed into Marin for dinner. We had a Groupon for an Italian restaurant in San Rafael. The restaurant name, Gaspare's, may sound familiar to you, if you are a regular reader of my blog, you might remember it  as the name of the Italian restaurant Woody Allen used in the movie Blue Jasmine. But the one we visited the other day, while still owned by the same family, was their Marin County restaurant, as opposed to their Geary Boulevard restaurant that was seen in the film. Same food, different location.

The drive into Marin was nothing short of breathtaking, but I always get a little sentimental about that bridge, no matter how many times I see it, I always feel like I am seeing it for the very first time. I love it so much. And I love Marin County. It had been a long time since we drove along the shore of Sausalito, and weaved our way through the hills of that part of Marin. It was the perfect way to bring our vacation to a close, and so was eating at Gaspare's. The pizza was delicious, and the service impeccable, and we had a very good time, reminiscing about the best parts of our vacation. We had a blast this vacation! I kinda love doing the staycation thing, and pretending to be a tourist! I like coming home to my own bed at the end of the day!

November 5th, 2014 Part Two

Marin County Vista
 The View From Sausalito
Gaspare's Italian Restaurant
Yummy... Gaspare's, I will be back for more of your delicious food.
Next time San Francisco!
Jasmine's booth please!

Thanks Woody, wherever you are!

Leaf Of The Day
Mood: Happy

~Me :)


No comments: