Saturday, August 23, 2014

Tender. Juicy. Delicious?


"I can throw an orange like a baseball, but I can't eat a baseball like an orange.
Let that be a lesson for you."

~Jarod Kintz
A Zebra Is The Piano Of The Animal Kingdom

First let me start off by saying... ewwwww! And I can't say that LOUD enough or with too much emphasis! Just ewwwwwwwww! I spotted this tasty looking cube steak while out shopping with Alan at a supermarket offshoot of a famous discount store. For discretion purposes I will say the name of the store was "MalWart. I am not using the real name because, conveniently, the name of the supermarket was not on this tasty looking beef. The tags had the beef marked down for quick sale because the expiration date was getting close, but even with the savings of $3.04, I decided I didn't need the cube steak that badly... or any other meat from there for that matter. Too bad, I have a great recipe for Swiss Steak, and that was going to be for dinner. We settled on Spaghetti Marinara, with some delicious zucchini and onions. Sigh. It was good. Really good!


Mood: Disappointed About The Swiss Steak/Happy About The Spaghetti Marinara.

~Me :)

1 comment:

jr cline said...

On the rare occasions when I purchase meat, it's never from Malwart.