Saturday, August 16, 2014

Into The Mystic


"... hark, now hear the sailors cry, 
smell the sea, and feel the sky
let your soul and spirit fly,
into the mystic..."

~Van Morrison
"Into The Mystic"


I took this photo off the Marin County coast, near the Headlands, back in February. It had been a good day with the camera, but the day was coming to an end. I was tired from the workout of capturing the beauty around me, saved forever in a tiny SD card. Knowing I can put that card in my computer, and feel once again the first time I saw a scene, makes me amazingly happy! On this day, it was one mystical, magical moment after another. The sea became silver, and it looked like little diamonds shimmering. The color scene that was in front of me a few minutes began to look gray. It gives the area around it a timelessness. I love when the sun is shining, and I can still capture what appears to be a black and white photo. For me, it's a little bit of Heaven. It always reminds me that seeing things in color isn't always the way you will see them, but it's okay to be black and white or gray under the right circumstances.




Mood: Inspired

~Me :)

No comments: