Sunday, August 03, 2014

Art About Town: Santa Rosa... A Joe Cool Summer (2007) Archived

"I think I have discovered the secret of life, you just hang around until you get used to it."

~Charles Schulz

One of my favorite memories of chasing down public art, happened in the summer of 2007, you see, that was the Joe Cool Summer in Santa Rosa, California! That summer Snoopy statues, each with a different theme, dotted the town, and Alan and followed the pup around town, with the help of map that indicated each uniquely themed Snoopy could be found. It was a lovely way to get to know Santa Rosa, the town in which Charles Schulz lived, and where the Charles Schulz Museum is located! 2007 was the third year that Santa Rosa exhibited the Peanuts art, the two previous years featured the main man Charlie Brown, and the second year was completely devoted to Woodstock. I need to do a search through my archives to see if I can come up with the photos I took from the earlier series, but for now we have Snoopy to enjoy. I always loved Snoopy!

A Joe Cool Summer 
Santa Rosa,California
2007








Classic Joe Cool






















Beagle Ridge



















Asnoopbis





















Cool Reflections




















Cool The World




















Coolest Conservationist




















Impressionist Joe




















Joe Brakeman




















Joe Masterpiece



















No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem




















 Pucker Up Sweetie




















Shakespeare Snoopy




















World Famous Novelist












Alan and I had an amazing time that day. And to think, it was August 2nd 2007, so just about seven years to the day! I think it might be time to revisit Santa Rosa! It's less than two hours from Berkeley, and that makes it just about perfect for a day outing with the camera and the hubby! 

Note: I only posted a partial list of Snoopy sculptures, to see the full gallery from the summer of 2007 click here.

Sounds like a plan! :)

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

1 comment:

jr cline said...

What a fun art exhibit. Wonderful. Thank you for sharing it. B