Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Appreciating The Light



"Dreams are what guide us, art is what defines us, math is what makes it all possible, and lights our way."

~Mike Norton

I saw this beautiful flower on my visit last month to Flowerland, in Albany. I could have just stood in that light and admired the beautiful pink color all day! Sometimes light just pulls me in, and warms me, not in a harsh way, more like a hug. This particular day was cold, and overcast, so it felt especially good to just stand in the light. Not a care in the world.

It was nice. :)

One day, years ago, my dear friend Steven described me as, "Carly... seeker of light."

At the time I had to wonder why he saw that in me. I felt that I was, or at least had been, a really negative, dark thinking person. But perhaps people, especially friends, can see things in us we can't see in ourselves. Anyway, while it took me a little while to believe him, I realized one day that he had no reason to lie. So yeah, I guess I am a seeker of light!

That was quite a gift he gave me that day. I would give anything to be able to say Thank you! He always took the most beautiful photograph of flowers! I appreciated his talent. And appreciated the the encouragement he gave me when it came to my own photography. He had plenty of light in him too!

Mood: Reflective

~Me :)

No comments: