Saturday, July 19, 2014

Apples Worth Wanting



"Some people expect things to fall into their lap. Oh, they might work a bit for it. I'll just shake this tree, and if I shake it long enough that pretty red apple will plop right into my hand. Never occurs to them that they might have to climb the damn tree, fall out a couple times, get some scrapes and bruises before they get to that apple. Because if the apple's worth wanting, it's worth risking a broken neck."

~Nora Roberts, Face The Fire

 
The Bubblegum Wall on Bubblegum Alley
San Luis Obispo, California
October 2005

This picture is from my photo archives, the year 2005 to be exact! It was October, and I was on vacation in San Luis Obispo with Alan. We stopped in at our favorite restaurant and Inn, the Apple Farm. They have the most amazing food, and when we take our rides down to Santa Barbara, we always stop in for breakfast on the way! On this trip I was a little tender, life in 2005 had it's moments... sigh... we will just leave it at that!

Anyway, I was tired, and feeling quiet, but it seems as if the moment we hit the central coast, all the sad began to melt away! From the very first time I visited SLO, in the early 1990's, I have felt like instead of visiting a gorgeous city that I adored, I was actually returning home. I get a strange familiar feeling while visiting there, like maybe I had lived there in some past life. If one believes in that kind of thing! But not like Deja vu... no... more comfortable than that. So, whenever Alan feels I need a little TLC, he packs me up, puts me in the car, and he takes me to my favorite places!

Do you believe in past lives?

I am not sure if I do.

All I know is I never felt more at ease, or more at home, than when I am on the Central Coast of California. I hope to be able to take a long drive with Alan in October, while we are on our 5 week vacation. We'll see. It's been nine years since we visited there. I didn't have Fibromyalgia the last time I went, and I also didn't have an under-active thyroid either! Both of which tend to exhaust me, and might make that kind of drive too much for my body! Alan enjoys driving, but he shouldn't have to do all the work!

I don't know... we'll see... maybe I can sleep for 2 or three days before we go! LOL. I would hate to think I can't make the trip anymore, but it is about a 17 hour drive round trip if we take a leisurely pace. I will have to think it over, but right now, I say YES! LETS GO! The Central Coast, and all it's beauty and history, is definitely worth having!And besides...

An apple a day, keeps the doctor away! ;)

Mood: Hopeful

~Me :)

No comments: